Wardrobe Change Around // Summer Edition

Friday, 30 May 2014


Every so often, I'll wake up in the morning and look into my wardrobe, overspilling with clothes, and exclaim "I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!" I'm sure that you can empathise with me when I say that I have days where I hate all of the clothes that I own. Recently, however, it's been more than a day here and there - it's been an entire month. After going to Spain at the end of April, I realised that I have no Summer appropriate clothes that I like anymore, and compiled a list of items that I wanted to buy (click here for blog post). After purchasing a few and returning a few, I've been shopping around for the whole of May for a new Summer wardrobe. Each time I click 'complete order', or type my pin into a card reader, a little voice in my head justifies it, by saying "You're going to Turkey next month! You're in dire need of holiday clothes!" After realising that the end to my shopping binge is near, I thought I'd share with you the items I've picked up in the past month or so! I'm proud to say that I did not pay retail price for any of these items, as I was either allowed to use my student discount, or I had a voucher from elsewhere. Every little helps, right?


The perfect Summer dress for my fashion taste - love floral prints, and love a monochrome colour scheme! I even managed to find a brilliant discount code; 25% off, plus free next day delivery for spending over £40 in total! (click here, it ends tomorrow!)

I've been looking for a pair of shoes like these for aaaages! There are beautiful ones from River Island and Topshop that I've found, but none that were quite perfect... and then I spotted these on missguided and fell in love. Again, I managed to get 25% off, and so actually only paid £34.50! All that's left now is for me to jump on the frilly sock bandwagon (albeit 4 years too late...)

Only after refinding this playsuit for this blogpost did I find out that it had gone down in price... should have bought it a week or two later, damn! Even so, I still managed to get a cheeky 20% off the retail price, as I bought it during a student lock in. Not until just recently have I ever been a big fan of yellow, but it's really starting to grow on me!

Again, this is another item I picked up during a student lock in, and I have a feeling that I managed to get 20% off. I wasn't too sure how I felt about it when I bought it, as I'm not usually one to go for cropped jumpers, but the beautiful lace detailing on the bottom has made it so easy and comfortable to wear. Although it's a jumper, it's very lightweight, and the beautiful pastel colour makes it appear a bit more summery than it actually is!

This isn't the exact one that I own, although it is very similar, as I cannot find mine on the Miss Selfridge website right now. I told you - yellow is slowly becoming one of my favourite colours!

After spotting these in Miss Selfridge briefly, I then watched a recent Tanya Burr 'Get Ready With Me' video, and what was she wearing? These shorts, of course! 100% persuaded me to buy them, and I have no regrets whatsoever. They're so comfortable, and so easy to wear with everything!

Another pretty Summer dress! This is something I was seriously lacking when I went to Spain in April, and so I've taken the liberty to buy a few more here and there. I've got to admit though, I'm much more of a playsuit kinda gal... but who doesn't love a pretty floral summer dress?

This year, I've decided to try my hardest to steer clear of wearing denim shorts, and so I've had to compensate by buying fabric shorts instead. When in Urban Outfitters, I picked up 6 or 7 things to try on, including the dress above, and these were in my 'probably not' pile before going into the fitting rooms... but they are the most comfortable pair of shorts I have ever put on, and I'm not ashamed to say that they immediately moved to my 'definitely' pile!

Holiday shopping, and just general Summer shopping, is one of my favourite things to do. It doesn't half make my bank balance weep, though, and so I'm sad to say that my spree is coming to an end. My Mum has kindly paid for a new bikini (here) for me, which I am yet to try on, but am very excited to see when I get home in two weeks. After my month slump of despising everything in my wardrobe, I'm happy to say that I am now finally satisfied, and am ready for Turkey in June!

2 comments:

  1. i am completely in love with those missguided platform boots!! i need them! id love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/southbeachsummer-event.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're gorgeous aren't they!? Checked out your blog and it's beautiful, followed you on bloglovin too :) x

      Delete