Five Lip Products That I Love

Wednesday, 14 May 2014


Lipstick is one of my greatest loves in the world of make up. It's definitely a passion passed down from my Mum, as you can't walk into a bathroom in our house without finding a lipstick somewhere. Despite it always being my favourite product, my collection was quite small before I came to university. I tended to just stick to the same two or three shades, and never ventured too far out of my comfort zone. But as this year has progressed, my lipstick collection has grown bigger and bigger, and so I thought I'd share with you five that I've recently been loving, and why!


Well we're off to a good start, as I couldn't tell you what shade this lipstick is in. It's a freebie that my Mum got her hands on when buying a few Lancome products, and kindly asked if I'd like it. At the time, I hadn't any pink shades, just oranges and reds, and so I snapped at the opportunity to have my first pink lipstick! It did have a number and shade name on the bottom of the packaging, but it's somehow rubbed off in the past few months... I wouldn't usually spend £22 on a lipstick, and so I am very grateful that I got the chance to try out a Lancome one for free! It's such a beautiful shade, and has a little bit of shimmer to it to make it that little bit fancier.

#2 - DELIPLUS COLOR MATTE in NO. 10
As this is a lipstick that I bought in Spain a few weeks ago, I can't quite find where you'd buy this from online, nor can I find the name of the shade. I do know, however, that the shade is NO. 10! I picked this beauty up in a supermarket called Mercadona, and considering that it's not a known brand, it's genuinely my current favourite lipstick! Again, it's another pinky colour, but it's a lot deeper than the Lancome one - plus it has a completely different finish, as it's matte. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, once you go matte, you never go back!

This is actually the lipstick that I mentioned in my Summer Wish List, and a few weeks ago, I went out and bought it! It's quite a lot lighter than I'd originally thought, and so I've not had the chance to wear it a lot yet, but I think this'll be one of my go-to colours this Summer. As you can probably guess, I'm trying to stay clear of the deep reds and oranges at the moment, and trying to go for brighter and pinker colours, to go with the nice summery colours that all the shops are selling right now!

Having said that, I am a big fan of deep reds, and so I couldn't be without at least one this Summer! This shade is highly raved about all over the internet, and so I thought I'd give it the benefit of the doubt, and take the plunge... and I was not disappointed! Kate Moss does such a beautiful range of lipsticks for Rimmel, and 107 is definitely a must have shade. I fell as though bright red lipsticks are usually reserved for nights out, whereas a deeper red like this can be used on an everyday basis.

Okay - you got me! This isn't a lipstick at all, but I couldn't not include it in this list. My Mum kindly treated me to this lipgloss when we were in Spain, but this is obviously from a worldwide brand. I'd been doing my research and had decided on this colour, and so it was just good luck that we bumped into the NARS stand in a big department store! This is actually my first ever NARS product, simply because I tend to stay within the drugstore price range when it comes to make up... hey, I'm a student! I always have to make an exception for MAC though, and after buying this lipgloss, I might just have to make an exception for NARS too.

SWATCHES L-R: LANCOME, DELIPLUS COLOR, MAC, RIMMEL KATE MOSS, NARS

⋅No comments

Post a Comment