New Year's Resolution (…sort of)

Friday, 24 January 2014

I've never really been one to make New Year's Resolutions, and I wouldn't exactly call this a New Year's Resolution, but as it's a new ritual for the year, it might as well be!

Basically, I've started to go swimming. There's an Aquatics Centre in Manchester, and the pool is open most days 4pm-8pm to go swimming, and it only costs £1.90!

On Monday, I went swimming for the first time this year, and did 30 lengths (the pool is 23m). Afterwards, I figured out how many lengths I'd have to do to swim 1km - 44… so on Thursday when I went swimming for the second time, I made it my mission to swim 1 full km and I did it! I would have liked to swim a mile, but when I realised it was roughly 1.5km… so I think I'll have to build up to that!

It's so nice to do some exercise; the only exercise I've ever really done is dancing, but I've been doing that for 3 hours every Saturday for the past 11 years… and now I don't have that anymore. I've always loved swimming, so I'm making it my new hobby, and going to try and go at least once a week, and swim 1km each time!

My (sort of) New Year's Resolution!

⋅No comments

Post a Comment