Concerts, Gigs, & Theatre Productions

Tuesday, 14 January 2014

It's no secret that I enjoy live performances, which I'm sure is quite a common passion for a lot of people. Over the years, I have collected a fair few concert tickets, all of which are displayed on my wall in my Manchester bedroom. They include:

  • One Direction x2
  • McFly (also saw in 2004 supporting Busted)
  • The Script (seen twice, but only seem to have one ticket for)
  • Hudson Taylor (were also the support act for Kodaline)
  • Kodaline
  • Mumford & Sons
  • The Midnight Beast (again, seen twice, but only have one ticket)
  • You Me At Six (with Mayday Parade, Kids in Glasshouses, and the Skints supporting them)
  • Russell Howard (seeing him for the second time at the end of February!)
  • Vans Warped Tour (with acts such as the Maine, Watsky, Billy Talent, A Day To Remember, the Younger, and Yellowcard)
  • Alton Towers x3 (not concert tickets, but tickets nevertheless)

Those are only a selection of the music and comedians that I have seen live. Other comedians include Jason Manford and Chris Ramsey (both of which I've met). Other musicians include Avril Lavigne, S Club 7, Arctic Monkeys, Kate Nash, Kate McGill, James Blunt, James Morrison, WakeyWakey!, and the Hoosiers.

So far this year, I have Russell Howard, 5 Seconds of Summer, Jack Whitehall, McBusted, and Ed Sheeran all lined up… I must live to hear live music and to watch live comedians. There's something about being in the same room as musicians that can make you feel things that you didn't even know you could feel, or laughing until you cannot breathe surrounded by an audience laughing just as hard as you… it's something you can't explain. 

Additionally, my mum and I have attended a large amount of theatre productions. We have watched two pantomimes every year since I can first remember, and have had multiple weekends visiting the West End in London. Added to those that we have seen in Nottingham and Birmingham, the list includes:

  • Billy Elliott
  • Oliver!
  • Dirty Dancing
  • Stomp
  • Matilda
  • The Lion King
  • The Wizard of Oz
  • Hairspray
  • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
  • Birdsong
  • Chicago (multiple times)
  • Cats (multiple times)
  • Legally Blonde the Musical

I'm sure I will have missed some as well. Billy Elliott will always be my all time favourite theatre production that I've seen, simply due to the fact that it's the one that made me cry. I cry very easily - I've watched all 8 series of Desperate Housewives over the last 3 months, and have cried every other episode, but to cry in public is something that I'm not so comfortable with. So for a musical performed in a theatre to reduce me to tears… that's something special.

As the years pass, I hope that my mum and I go and watch two pantomimes every year until one of us is physically incapable of getting out of bed to attend, and I hope for my ticket collection to grow and grow as my love of music and the theatre does too.

⋅No comments

Post a Comment